The Big 12 conference tournament is set to kick off on Wednesday with Texas facing TCU, and West Virginia taking on Texas Tech as the opening round matchups. Oklahoma State faces Baylor on Thursday in the first round, while Oklahoma and Iowa State match-up in another game. The winners of the opening round face Kansas and Kansas State, with the victor from Texas Tech and West Virginia facing Kansas, and the winner of Texas and TCU playing Kansas State.
Final conference rankings:
1. Kansas: The Jayhawks lost to Baylor on Saturday, after beating Texas Tech with ease on Monday. Kansas finished in a tie for first with Kansas State.
2. Kansas State: The Wildcats fell to Oklahoma State on Saturday, 76-70. Kansas State earlier this week beat TCU. Kansas State awaits their first opponent in the tournament on Thursday.
3. Oklahoma State: The Cowboys beat Kansas State and lost to Iowa State this week. Next up for Oklahoma State is a game with Baylor on Thursday. The two teams split their regular season series with the home team winning both times.
4. Iowa State: Iowa State beat Oklahoma State and West Virginia this week. The Cyclones finish in a tie with Oklahoma for fourth place in the conference. Iowa State and the Sooners face off on Thursday. The two teams split their season series with the home team winning on their court.
5. Oklahoma: The Sooners fell to last place TCU on Saturday, after beating West Virginia this week. Next up for the Sooners is a game with the streaking Iowa State Cyclones in the conference tournament.
6. Baylor: Big win for Baylor on Saturday, though the team needs more for an NCAA tournament invite. Baylor earlier this week lost to Texas. Next up for the Bears is a meeting with Oklahoma State on Thursday.
7. Texas: The Longhorns are beginning to gain some steam down the stretch of the season, winning over Baylor and Texas Tech this week. Next up is TCU on Wednesday. Texas won both match-ups this season with the Horned Frogs.
8. West Virginia: The Mountaineers struggles continue as they lost their final six games of the season, including losses to Oklahoma and Iowa State this week. Next up is a game with Texas Tech, whom the Mountaineers defeated both times this season.
9. Texas Tech: The Red Raiders lost to Kansas and Texas in overtime this week. Next up, Texas Tech faces West Virginia.
10. TCU: The Horned Frogs upended Oklahoma on Saturday in a surprise win after losing to Kansas State earlier this week. Next up for TCU is Texas on Wednesday.
Tags: Big 12 Power Rankings