Here’s how Through the Phog see’s the weekly Big 12 rankings for men’s basketball.
1. Kansas: Jayhawks dropped a thriller yesterday to Oklahoma State, and beat Oklahoma this week. Next up is a game with TCU on Wednesday.
2. Oklahoma State: The Cowboys picked up a huge win yesterday in Lawrence, moving their record to 15-5 on the year. It doesn’t get any easier as Oklahoma State next faces Baylor on Wednesday. Both teams are part of a four-way tie for third place in conference.
3. Kansas State: The Wildcats beat Oklahoma and Texas over the week. Rodney McGruder continues to dominate opposing defenses. Next up is Texas Tech on Tuesday.
4. Iowa State: The Cyclones picked up a big win yesterday over Baylor, improving to 5-3 in conference. Iowa State lost to Oklahoma State previously this week. Next up is Oklahoma on Monday.
5. Oklahoma: The Sooners beat Baylor and lost to Kansas State over the week. Next up for the 5-3 team in conference is Iowa State on Monday.
6. Baylor: The Bears lost two tough games this week to Oklahoma and Iowa State forcing a four-way tie for third place. Next up for the Bears is Oklahoma State.
7. West Virginia: West Virginia fell to Kansas and beat Texas Tech this week. Next up for the Mountaineers is a game with Texas on Monday. West Virginia is 3-5 in conference.
8. Texas: The Longhorns lost badly to Kansas State, then followed that up with a win over TCU on Saturday. Texas is 2-6 in Big 12 play now. Next up is a meeting with West Virginia on Monday.
9. Texas Tech: The Red Raiders lost their only contest this week to West Virginia, dropping the team to 2-6 in conference. Next up is a game with Kansas State on Tuesday.
10. TCU: The Horned Frogs are still searching for their first conference win as they lost to Texas yesterday. Next up for TCU is Kansas on Wednesday. TCU is 0-8 in Big 12 play.
Don’t forget to like us on facebook @ through the phog