Here is how Through the Phog see’s the Big 12 power rankings for the week ending January 12th.
1. Kansas: The Jayhawks started off Big 12 play with back-to-back wins over Iowa State and Texas Tech to improve to 14-1 overall. Next up is Baylor on Monday.
2. Kansas State: The Wildcats defeated West Virginia 65-64 on Saturday, and beat Oklahoma State last Saturday. Kansas State is 13-2 overall, and face TCU on Wednesday.
3. Baylor: The Bears are 3-0 in Big 12 conference play after beating TCU on Saturday. Next up for Baylor is Kansas on Monday.
4. Iowa State: Iowa State nearly defeated Kansas last Wednesday, and followed up that performance with a victory over Texas on Saturday. Melvin Ejim is doing it all for the Cyclones, scoring 19 points, to go along with 11 boards and five assists in Saturday’s win. West Virginia is Iowa State’s next opponent on Wednesday.
5. Oklahoma: The Sooners handed Oklahoma State a loss on Saturday in their first inner-state match-up this year. Oklahoma is 11-4 overall, and 2-0 in conference play. Oklahoma next plays Texas Tech on Wednesday.
6. Oklahoma State: The Cowboys are struggling after a great start to the season, dropping three out of four games. Oklahoma State fell to Oklahoma on Saturday. Next up, is Texas Tech next Saturday.
7. West Virginia: West Virginia nearly defeated Kansas State on Saturday, after beating Texas on Wednesday, 57-53. The Mountaineers are 8-7 overall and 1-2 in conference play. Next up is Iowa State on Wednesday.
8. Texas Tech: The Red Raiders are 1-2 in Big 12 conference play, after losing their last two games vs Baylor and Kansas. Texas Tech next plays Oklahoma on Wednesday.
9. Texas: Texas lost badly to Iowa State on Saturday, 82-62. With the loss, Texas is 8-8 overall and 0-3 in Big 12 play. Next up is a meeting with Kansas next Sunday.
10. TCU: The Horned Frogs had their chances vs Baylor on Saturday before falling 51-40. Next up for the Horned Frogs is Kansas State on Wednesday.
Don’t forget to like us on facebook @ through the phog