Here is Through the Phog’s weekly look at the hierarchy of the Big 12 in men’s basketball.
1. Kansas: The Jayhawks right now are in the middle of their final non-conference game with Temple. Kansas faces Iowa State on Wednesday to begin their conference schedule.
2. Kansas State: The Wildcats defeated Oklahoma State yesterday in a battle of ranked teams. Next up for Kansas State is a game with West Virginia next Saturday.
3. Baylor: The Bears improved to 9-4 after defeating Texas on Saturday. Cory Jefferson led the way with 25 points. Next up is a game with Texas Tech on Tuesday.
4. Oklahoma State: The Cowboys lost their conference opener to Kansas State. Next up the Wildcats face cellar dweller TCU on Wednesday.
5. Iowa State: Iowa State defeated Yale on New Years day. Next up for the Cyclones is a showdown with Kansas on Wednesday.
6. Oklahoma: The Sooners defeated West Virginia in their conference opener on Saturday, improving their record to 10-3. Next up for Oklahoma is an inner state battle with Oklahoma State on Saturday.
7. Texas Tech: The Red Raiders defeated TCU on Saturday, earning their first conference win. Next up, for Texas Tech is Baylor on Tuesday.
8. Texas: The Longhorns lost to Baylor yesterday in their conference opener. Next up for Texas, is West Virginia on Friday.
9. West Virginia: The Mountaineers fell to Oklahoma in their season finale, next up is a meeting with Texas on Friday.
10. TCU: The Horned Frogs lost to Texas Tech in their first Big 12 conference game. TCU travels to Oklahoma State on Wednesday next.
Don’t forget to like us on facebook @ through the phog