Here is the weekly look at how Through The Phog sees the power rankings for the Big 12 conference.
1. Kansas: The Jayhawks easily breezed through another week with another win over American. Next week is a game with Temple.
2. Oklahoma State: The Cowboys are off till Monday when they face 13th-ranked Gonzaga.
3. Kansas State: The Wildcats are playing good basketball right now at 10-3 overall. Head coach Bruce Weber has the team looking sharp.
4. Iowa State: Iowa State is one of the nation’s most efficient teams on offense. Guard Will Clyburn leads the unit in points, averaging 14 per contest.
5. Baylor: The Bears lost to Gonzaga on Friday, but are still 8-4 on the year.
6. Oklahoma: Oklahoma is 8-3 this season, still looking for that marquee win though. A win over Ohio on Saturday was good.
7. Texas: The Longhorns may finally be coming together as a team. A win over Rice, painted a different team on Saturday. Texas is 8-5 on the year, with Baylor coming up.
8. TCU: The Horned Frogs have won two straight overall, and are 8-4 on the year.
9. West Virginia: The Mountaineers are another team who has loads of talent, yet are struggling to find their way early on. A 6-5 record is not good, yet two straight wins is helping a brighter horizon.
10. Texas Tech: Yet again, the Red Raiders are the lowest team in the conference. Texas Tech is 6-4 on the year.