Here is Through The Phog’s Weekly power rankings for the Big 12 conference after yesterday’s slate of games and today’s earlier contests.
1. Kansas: The Jayhawks defeated Belmont yesterday, 89-60 to improve to 8-1 on the season. Next up is a game with Richmond next Saturday at home.
2. Oklahoma State: Oklahoma State is 8-1 after a win today vs Central Arkansas, 91-63. Next up is a game with Texas-Arlington on Wednesday.
3. Oklahoma: The Sooners beat Texas A&M yesterday, 64-54 in a nice win. Romero Osby led the way for Oklahoma. Next up is a game with Stephen F. Austin on Tuesday.
4. Iowa State: The Cyclones defeated Drake yesterday 86-77 to improve to 8-3 on the year. Next up, Iowa State takes on University of Missouri at Kansas City on Wednesday.
5. Baylor: The Bears are 6-3 after winning Wednesday in a game with Lamar, 85-68. The Bears play University of South Carolina-Upstate tomorrow.
6. Kansas State: The Wildcats lost to Gonzaga, 68-52 in a game yesterday afternoon. Kansas State will next face Texas Southern on Tuesday.
7. Texas Tech: The Red Raiders are currently playing McNeese State, as they look to improve to a 6-1 mark. Texas Tech beat Northern Kentucky on Tuesday, 75-69.
8. Texas: Texas defeated Texas State yesterday, 75-63. The Longhorns next play North Carolina on Wednesday with a 6-4 record overall.
9. West Virginia: The Mountaineers lost yesterday to Michigan, 81-66 . Next up for West Virginia, is Oakland on Wednesday. West Virginia has a 4-5 record overall.
10. TCU: The Horned Frogs had the week off after losing to Tulsa last Saturday. Next up for the 6-4 TCU basketball team is Southern on Tuesday.
Don’t forget to like us on facebook @ through the phog