Here is a weekly look at how through the phog see’s the Big 12 conference basketball power rankings:
1. Kansas: The Jayhawks had the week off after dispatching Oregon State last Friday. The team takes on another Pac-12 opponent tomorrow in Colorado.
2. Oklahoma State: The Cowboys took care of business vs South Florida, and remain in the top 25. Oklahoma State jumped four spots from last week’s poll.
3. Kansas State: The Wildcats are 6-1 on the year, after beating the University of South Carolina Upstate Spartans. Kansas State looks to continue winning tomorrow vs George Washington.
4. Baylor: How’s this for a letdown, after beating Kentucky in Lexington, Baylor lost to Northwestern this past week.
5. Iowa State: The Cyclones are in the midst of a showdown right now with cross-state rival Iowa. The team is 6-2 on the year.
6. Texas Tech: One of the nation’s best teams in scoring per game, averaging 81 points per contest. Texas Tech faces McNeese State on Sunday.
7. Oklahoma: The Sooners lost a heartbreaker to Arkansas on Tuesday. Next up, Oklahoma faces Texas A&M in the All-College Classic.
8. Texas: Texas is having a rough time at getting going this season, losing to Georgetown only putting up 41 points. Next up, the Longhorns host Pac-12 elite in UCLA.
9. TCU: The Horned Frogs lost to Houston on Tuesday. Next up, they face Tulsa on Saturday.
10. West Virginia: Once again, the Mountaineers are ranked last in the conference. West Virginia has a 3-3 record overall.