Kansas State clinched the Big 12 conference title with their victory over Texas on Saturday. Oklahoma, finished second in the conference after defeating TCU. Here is a look at how Through the Phog sees the power rankings after week 14 of college football.
1. Kansas State: The Wildcats leader Collin Klein is one of the three Heisman Trophy finalists. The quarterback’s luster dropped down a bit after the team’s loss to Baylor.
2. Oklahoma: Landry Jones and the Sooners finished another season with a respectable 10 win season. Respectable doesn’t cut it though in Sooner land, and the team could cry foul over Northern Illinois busting up their BCS bowl game hopes.
3. Texas: Third place Longhorns once again were very inconsistent this season. Now, Texas after falling to Kansas State has a big bowl game matchup vs Oregon State.
4. Baylor: The Baylor Bears came out of nowhere after being left for dead. Quarterback Eric Florence is having a great season.
5. Oklahoma State: The Cowboys lost to Baylor on Saturday, 41-34. Now the Cowboys after posting a strong season, ended on a sour note.
6. TCU: Another strong season for TCU, in their first regular campaign in the Big 12. TCU finished the season at 7-5.
7. Texas Tech: The Red Raiders finish the year as well at 7-5. Texas Tech quarterback Seth Doege is one of the top quarterbacks in the nation.
8. West Virginia: West Virginia improved to 7-5 after defeating the Jayhawks, closing out the regular campaign taking two straight wins.
9. Iowa State: The Cyclones are 6-6 and bowling in a season not many expected much of them.
10. Kansas: Another season in the Big 12 without a victory. West Virginia put away the Jayhawks right away on Saturday in a 59-10 win. Kansas’s lone win came over FCS’s South Dakota State in week one.
Don’t forget to like us on facebook @ through the phog