Kansas has had a number of good point guards over the years, here’s a look at the ten best.
1. Mario Chalmers: led the Jayhawks to the 2008 NCAA title. Named the MVP of the final four. Chalmers was very deadly from behind the three-point line. Also apt to drive the lane and find the open guy.
2. Kirk Hinrich: super shooter from behind the three-point line. Also a great distributor. One of the top guys on the all-time list for dishing out assists.
3. Jacque Vaughn: One of those glue point guards, Vaughn did all the little things. A great passer, and defender, he wasn’t much of a scorer. A traditional guard.
4. Darnell Valentine: Enjoyed four great seasons at Kansas. Known for defensive prowess, often times drew the opponents best player. Played nine seasons in the NBA after Kansas.
5. Adonis Jordan: averaged around 13 points per contest while at Kansas. Great passer and defender.
6. Aaron Miles: guard didn’t score much, though was good at finding the open man, whoever that may be. Good defender, always grabbed the top offensive guy on the other side.
7. Russell Robinson: Teamed with combo guard Chalmers to make a great backcourt in 2008.
8. Cedric Hunter: one of the top guys in Kansas history with assists. Tough guy, was never one to back away from a challenge.
9. Sherron Collins: played both guard positions. Excelled as a shooter, and defender for the Jayhawks.
10. Ryan Robertson: great passer for Kansas. Another guy who could nail an open three-pointer, though not known to be much of a scorer.
dont forget to follow us @ throughthephog on facebook